|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= Introductory and Tutorial Information on XAFS =
Be sure to look at the [[Workshops|Workshops Page]] for material from recent workshops. Many of these workshops have slides from talks posted on-line.
|= Zing - How To Clean A Boat Hull =
Many people who on a boat is having difficulties on cleaning a boat hull, usually a boat hull is really hard to clean by a '''[[http://www.zingyourthing.com.au/|Zing]]''' cleaner and it really absorb dirt and and other things that you can see on the water. Mostly if you don't clean a boat hull their will be a possibilities that it will get into corrosion and the worst it is it will have damages inside and probably you will make a repair on it and that bad thing is you will spent lots of money on repairing it. Below are some information that you need to know more on how to use a '''zing '''cleaner.
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|== XAFS Tutorials and Overviews hosted off-site ==
* [[http://www.nsls.bnl.gov/users/access/modules/xafs/|XAFS Online Orientation]], in interactive Flash-based tutorial produced by the National Synchrotron Light Source
* [[http://gbxafs.iit.edu/training/tutorials.html|XAFS Tutorials]] from Grant Bunker, at IIT
* [[http://srs.dl.ac.uk/XRS/Theory/theory.html|EXAFS Theory]] from Daresbury Lab, UK
* [[http://www.p-ng.si/~arcon/xas/xas/xas.htm|XAS Overview]] from Iztok Arčon, University of Nova Gorica, Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
* [[http://rscott.myweb.uga.edu/protocols.html#XASTut|A set of XAS tutorials with a biological science bent]] from Robert Scott's group at University of Georgia
* [[http://www.umich.edu/~jphgroup/XAS_Course/index.htm|A course presented by Jim Panner-Hahn]] at the University of Sydney, August-September, 2005
* [[http://www.cells.es/Beamlines/CLAESS/XAFScourse|XAFS course]] from K. Klementiev, ALBA, Spain
== XAFS Tutorials and Overviews hosted on xafs.org (PDF format except where noted) ==
Except where noted, these are PDF files containing sets of slides for an oral presentation
* Matt Newville's Tutorials: The last two files are companions to the longer write-up, containing similar material in a form more suitable for a lecture. This material (write-up, and the corresponding slides) is a work in progress. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
* [[attachment:Newville_xas_fundamentals.pdf|The Fundamentals of XAFS]]: a ~40 page introduction to XAFS, aimed at the advanced undergraduate level.
* [[attachment:Newville_Intro.pdf|Fundamentals of X-ray Absorption Fine Structure]]
* [[attachment:Newville_Expt.pdf|Anatomy of an XAFS Experiment]]
* Shelly Kelly's Tutorials:
* [[attachment:Basics_of_XAFS_to_chi_2009.pdf|The Basics of processing chi(k) data in Athena]]: introducing the basics of processing chi(k) data in Athena.
* [[attachment:Basics_of_XAFS_analysis_2009.pdf|The Basics of modeling EXAFS spectra in Artemis]]: introducing the basics of modeling EXAFS spectra in Artemis.
* Bruce Ravel's Tutorials:
* [[attachment:hbcu.pdf|X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy in the Physical and Biological Sciences]]: a short introductory presentation for an audience seeing XAS for the first time
* [[attachment:iiss.pdf|Introduction to Inner Shell Spectroscopy]]: a longer introduction to XAS and XRF originally written for a [[http://www.lightsource.ca/education/summerschool/|synchrotron summer school]] at the [[http://www.lightsource.ca|Canadian Light Source]].
== XAFS Tutorials and Overviews in languages other than English ==
* [[attachment:Xie_XAFSv1.ppt|Introduction to XAFS]] from Yaning Xie, Senior Researcher at Beijing Synchrotron Radiation Facility (BSRF) and Institute of High Energy Physics, Beijing, China.
== Information on Specific Topics in XAFS ==
* [[Experiment/OverAbsorption|Information about various sample-related distortions to measured XAS data, and how to avoid them]]
* [[Reporting_EXAFS_Analysis|What information should be reported in your manuscirpt with XAFS Analysis?]]
== Books and Review Articles ==
'''Note''': We do not endorse amazon.com, but a link to an amazon page for these books is included where available:
* '''''Introduction to XAFS''': A Practical Guide to X-ray Absorption Fine Structure Spectroscopy'', Grant Bunker, 2010, [[http://www.cambridge.org/us/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521767750|Cambridge University Press]], [[http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-XAFS-Practical-Absorption-Spectroscopy/dp/052176775X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270564676&sr=1-1|amazon link]]
* ''X-ray Absorption: Principles, Applications, Techniques of EXAFS, SEXAFS, and XANES'' in '''Chemical Analysis vol. 92''' edited by D.C. Koningsberger and R.Prins, John Wiley & Sons, 1988 [[http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471875473/qid=1038079831/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/103-6387533-8595808?v=glance&s=books|amazon link]]
* ''Basic Principles and Applications of EXAFS'', Chapter 10 of '''Handbook of Synchrotron Radiation''', pp 995--1014. E. A. Stern and S. M. Heald, edited by E. E. Koch, North-Holland, 1983. [[http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0444867104/qid=1038080383/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/103-6387533-8595808?v=glance&s=books|amazon link]]
* ''Elements of Modern X-ray Analysis'', Jens Als-Nielsen, Des !McMorrow. John Wiley & Sons, 2001. This is an excellent book covers many aspects of x-ray and synchrotron science, includ ing a brief section on x-ray absorption, EXAFS, and dichroism. [[http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471498580/qid=1038079978/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6387533-8595808?v=glance&s=books|amazon link]]
* [[http://ojps.aip.org/dbt/dbt.jsp?KEY=RMPHAT&Volume=72&Issue=3|Theoretical approaches to x-ray absorption fine structure]] J. J. Rehr and R. C. Albers, '''Reviews of Modern Physics Vol 72''', pp. 621-892 (2000).
* '''Analysis of Soils and Minerals Using X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy''' Kelly, S.D., Hesterberg, D., and Ravel, B., in ''Methods of Soil Analysis, Part 5 -Mineralogical Methods'', (A.L. Ulery and L.R. Drees, Eds.) p. 367. Soil Science Society of America, Madison, WI, USA, 2008.[[http://www.amazon.com/Methods-Soil-Analysis-Part-Mineralogical/dp/0891188460/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product|amazon link]]
== Webcasts, screencasts, and other remote learning tools ==
* [[http://www.screencast.com/users/FitIt/folders/Screencasts|Local structure refinement on the basis of XANES fitting using FitIt software]]
* [[Community/NSLSXasTraining|XAS Training at NSLS]]
== Other Stuff ==
* [[Acronyms]]: A glossary of acronyms used in the x-ray absorption literature.
|How to clean a boat hull and use '''[[http://www.zingyourthing.com.au/|Zing]]'''?you can clean a boat hull by getting a soap and water and also you can get a rag so in using the cleaning, and by cleaning it use a '''zing '''cleaner so that it will easily get the dirt that attached the boat hull. Spring some water on the boat hull and use a '''zing '''cleaner in making it shiny and try to get stick or metal so that you can get all the hard ones that are sticking on the boat hull. http://www.ehow.com/how_2060445_clean-boat-hull.html|
Zing - How To Clean A Boat Hull
Many people who on a boat is having difficulties on cleaning a boat hull, usually a boat hull is really hard to clean by a Zing cleaner and it really absorb dirt and and other things that you can see on the water. Mostly if you don't clean a boat hull their will be a possibilities that it will get into corrosion and the worst it is it will have damages inside and probably you will make a repair on it and that bad thing is you will spent lots of money on repairing it. Below are some information that you need to know more on how to use a zing cleaner.
How to clean a boat hull and use Zing?you can clean a boat hull by getting a soap and water and also you can get a rag so in using the cleaning, and by cleaning it use a zing cleaner so that it will easily get the dirt that attached the boat hull. Spring some water on the boat hull and use a zing cleaner in making it shiny and try to get stick or metal so that you can get all the hard ones that are sticking on the boat hull. http://www.ehow.com/how_2060445_clean-boat-hull.html