|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= Introductory and Tutorial Information on XAFS =
Be sure to look at the [[Workshops|Workshops Page]] for material from recent workshops. Many of these workshops have slides from talks posted on-line.
== XAFS Tutorials and Overviews hosted off-site ==
* [[http://www.nsls.bnl.gov/users/access/modules/xafs/|XAFS Online Orientation]], in interactive Flash-based tutorial produced by the National Synchrotron Light Source
* [[http://gbxafs.iit.edu/training/tutorials.html|XAFS Tutorials]] from Grant Bunker, at IIT
* [[http://srs.dl.ac.uk/XRS/Theory/theory.html|EXAFS Theory]] from Daresbury Lab, UK
* [[http://www.p-ng.si/~arcon/xas/xas/xas.htm|XAS Overview]] from Iztok Arčon, University of Nova Gorica, Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
* [[http://rscott.myweb.uga.edu/protocols.html#XASTut|A set of XAS tutorials with a biological science bent]] from Robert Scott's group at University of Georgia
* [[http://www.umich.edu/~jphgroup/XAS_Course/index.htm|A course presented by Jim Panner-Hahn]] at the University of Sydney, August-September, 2005
* [[http://www.cells.es/Beamlines/CLAESS/XAFScourse|XAFS course]] from K. Klementiev, ALBA, Spain
* Bruce Ravel keeps a collection of lectures on various XAS topics at https://github.com/bruceravel/XAS-Education/downloads
== XAFS Tutorials and Overviews hosted on xafs.org (PDF format except where noted) ==
Except where noted, these are PDF files containing sets of slides for an oral presentation
* Matt Newville's Tutorials: The last two files are companions to the longer write-up, containing similar material in a form more suitable for a lecture. This material (write-up, and the corresponding slides) is a work in progress. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
* [[attachment:Newville_xas_fundamentals.pdf|The Fundamentals of XAFS]]: a ~40 page introduction to XAFS, aimed at the advanced undergraduate level.
* [[attachment:Newville_Intro.pdf|Fundamentals of X-ray Absorption Fine Structure]]
* [[attachment:Newville_Expt.pdf|Anatomy of an XAFS Experiment]]
* Shelly Kelly's Tutorials:
* [[attachment:Basics_of_XAFS_to_chi_2009.pdf|The Basics of processing chi(k) data in Athena]]: introducing the basics of processing chi(k) data in Athena.
* [[attachment:Basics_of_XAFS_analysis_2009.pdf|The Basics of modeling EXAFS spectra in Artemis]]: introducing the basics of modeling EXAFS spectra in Artemis.
== XAFS Tutorials and Overviews in languages other than English ==
* [[attachment:Xie_XAFSv1.ppt|Introduction to XAFS]] from Yaning Xie, Senior Researcher at Beijing Synchrotron Radiation Facility (BSRF) and Institute of High Energy Physics, Beijing, China.
== Information on Specific Topics in XAFS ==
* [[Experiment/OverAbsorption|Information about various sample-related distortions to measured XAS data, and how to avoid them]]
* [[Reporting_EXAFS_Analysis|What information should be reported in your manuscirpt with XAFS Analysis?]]
== Books and Review Articles ==
'''Note''': We do not endorse amazon.com, but a link to an amazon page for these books is included where available:
* '''''Introduction to XAFS''': A Practical Guide to X-ray Absorption Fine Structure Spectroscopy'', Grant Bunker, 2010, [[http://www.cambridge.org/us/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521767750|Cambridge University Press]], [[http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-XAFS-Practical-Absorption-Spectroscopy/dp/052176775X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270564676&sr=1-1|amazon link]]
* ''X-ray Absorption: Principles, Applications, Techniques of EXAFS, SEXAFS, and XANES'' in '''Chemical Analysis vol. 92''' edited by D.C. Koningsberger and R.Prins, John Wiley & Sons, 1988 [[http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471875473/qid=1038079831/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/103-6387533-8595808?v=glance&s=books|amazon link]]
* ''Basic Principles and Applications of EXAFS'', Chapter 10 of '''Handbook of Synchrotron Radiation''', pp 995--1014. E. A. Stern and S. M. Heald, edited by E. E. Koch, North-Holland, 1983. [[http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0444867104/qid=1038080383/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/103-6387533-8595808?v=glance&s=books|amazon link]]
* ''Elements of Modern X-ray Analysis'', Jens Als-Nielsen, Des !McMorrow. John Wiley & Sons, 2001. This is an excellent book covers many aspects of x-ray and synchrotron science, includ ing a brief section on x-ray absorption, EXAFS, and dichroism. [[http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471498580/qid=1038079978/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6387533-8595808?v=glance&s=books|amazon link]]
* [[http://ojps.aip.org/dbt/dbt.jsp?KEY=RMPHAT&Volume=72&Issue=3|Theoretical approaches to x-ray absorption fine structure]] J. J. Rehr and R. C. Albers, '''Reviews of Modern Physics Vol 72''', pp. 621-892 (2000).
* '''Analysis of Soils and Minerals Using X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy''' Kelly, S.D., Hesterberg, D., and Ravel, B., in ''Methods of Soil Analysis, Part 5 -Mineralogical Methods'', (A.L. Ulery and L.R. Drees, Eds.) p. 367. Soil Science Society of America, Madison, WI, USA, 2008.[[http://www.amazon.com/Methods-Soil-Analysis-Part-Mineralogical/dp/0891188460/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product|amazon link]] acompanhantes curitiba
== Webcasts, screencasts, and other remote learning tools ==
* [[http://www.screencast.com/users/FitIt/folders/Screencasts|Local structure refinement on the basis of XANES fitting using FitIt software]]
## * [[Community/NSLSXasTraining|XAS Training at NSLS]]
== Other Stuff ==
* [[Acronyms]]: A glossary of acronyms used in the x-ray absorption literature.